Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sincerely Yours



The Real Thing
Instead of looking at made for t.v. biographical movies about Liberace, why not see the real thing. I go back so far that I remember watching his B&W t.v show in the 50s and I saw him once in concert in the early years before he became so flamboyant. I'm glad to say that they toned down the whiney voice for this movie and he seems to be speaking in the lower registers which, as I remember from the concert, was his original voice. This movie was made early in his career and he looks handsome. He didn't do a bad job of acting. Actually very little acting was required of him as at least 2/3s of the movie is him playing the piano. This is a remake of an old movie called The Man Who Played God. It's a good story, a bit sappy but then most of the movies in those days, especially those starring entertainers were pretty sappy. But, it's well done and even touching in several places. It was a perfect vehicle for him. I'd actually rather watch this movie than DVDs of any of his concerts...

THE ONE AND ONLY
SINCERELY YOURS WAS LIBERACE ONLY STARRING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE THAT I'M AWARE OF,HE PLAYS,SUPRISE A POPULAR PIANIST WHO HAS EVERYTHING HE COULD WANT BUT GOES DEAF AND LEARNS TO READ LIPS AND ON IT GOES,HE IS NOT THE BEST ACTOR BUT HIS PIANO PLAYING IS GREAT AND THE MOVIE IS OK,THE MOVIE WAS BASED ON ANOTHER MOVIE FROM THE 30'S,THE MAN WHO PLAYED GOD,SO JUST FOR THE NOVELTY OF IT KICK BACK AND ENJOY.

Love it!!!
Great movie! I love seeing Liberace in anything...and this movie is no exception. He was a class act. I miss him.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment