Thursday, September 19, 2013

Honor Flight [HD]



Thank You Veterans
I had the privilege to see this documentary in a theater recently. We took a 93 year old WWII Veteran with us. It was an amazing and moving experience.
The documentary is about a community that comes together to take World War II Veterans to see the Memorial in Washington DC, at no cost to them. It was a project that took on a life of its own and so many were able to go.
I lost my father over 25 years ago. He and his brother served together. He never talked about the war. This documentary tells us that the soldiers "came home from the war, put their duffle bags in the basement and went out and got jobs." Most of them never talked about their experiences and now we are losing those Veterans at the rate of over 900 per day, and their stories and experiences are going with them. This documentary got the Veterans to open up and talk about it, many for the first time.
We have the freedom we have today because of them, and we need to hear their stories.
On our...

For my Dad....and my heart!
My 85th Birthday gift to my proud WWII Navy Vet Dad was an Honor Flight in October 2011. This movie brought it all back--the excitement, the tears, the pride of those exhausted but thrilled members of our Greatest Generation. "Honor Flight" came to our local theater at a stressful time in my life when my expectations of folks were pretty low. Seeing this movie and reliving our trip with Dad at my side IMMEDIATELY returned my perspective to the correct view--awe, humility and gratitude for our freedom, purchased by them then and being purchased by our Vets and Active Duty personnel today. "Thank you for your service" will never be enough. I intend to order at least one more copy on payday.

A proud and grateful daughter.

A Must See
Its hard to write a review five minutes after watching this film. I was lucky enough to order this on Pre-order direct and watched this right away. This is an amazing program to support. I strongly recommend everyone to watch this to remember what you forgot and who you may have forgotten. I think of my Grandfather, and how much I miss him along with all the times I didn't thank him. Simply amazing

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment