Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dead On The Bayou



I Tried to Like This
I watch a lot of these paranormal shows. Some I really enjoy. Other shows can be interesting or have something to offer. Some, I just can't handle. Like Ghost Adventures, it has some great evidence, but the dude annoys me so much I can't watch. This one, well I actually like these good ol' boys. But to be honest, in the two episodes I watched, I didn't see anything that impressed me as far as their techniques or evidence. Lights popping on on a rim pod a couple of times brings hoots and hollers and bell ringing from the old dude. A dead bird is counted as evidence when there are cats on the farm...just seems like a lot of nonsense. I have family in the south and this feels like not much more than their superstitions. Do they collect real evidence? In the two shows I've seen it has been a lot of muddin' and playin' but not a lot to impress.

I like these guys. I wish they would do less playing and more real ghost hunting. Their personalities would come through...

A third star for Hart Fortenbery the Gris-Gris Godfather
DEEP SOUTH PARANORMAL, in the words of a useless TV critic, is a pathetic attempt to marry "Duck Dynasty" with "Ghost Adventures" (that critic said "Ghost Hunters" but I disagree). Ostensibly composed of a team of Alabama boys on the one hand and Louisiana Cajuns on the other, SOUTH takes us to not-so-spooky locations in ... well, the deep South.

Well, this gang here comes off a lot smarter than the idiots from "Ghost Adventures", but the same old tired night-vision-swelling-creepy-music-for-absolutely-no-reason is here too. The difference is these boys have fun, don't mind showing their true selves, and on occasion simply eat instead of doing their work but when they work at least there's not so much fakery as there is in the other paranormal shows. Even "The Haunted Collector" has gone totally off its rails. I admit DEEP SOUTH is a lot more fun than watching Zak Bagan's constant agonizing, as operatic and drama-queenish as Ryan Buell when he was doing "Paranormal...

Deep South Paranormal
Not as good as some of the other ones like paranormal witness and Stranded. What evidence they do get it seems they hardly show. It's kind of laughable how they want the spirits to react to them and then freak out when they do. Not as good as the previously mentioned two, but will watch because it's about the only paranormal show going on right now.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment