Thursday, September 19, 2013

Escape



A Spare Survival Adventure From Norway: Not Much Plot, But Well Executed
I wasn't really sure what to anticipate from the Norwegian film "Escape." The marketing artwork, packaging and description make it seem like this might be a cheesy kid's adventure film. So I strapped in and hoped for the best. And as is often the case with relatively low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised. There isn't a whole lot of plot in this spare 80 minute film, but the action sequences were well executed and the movie held my interest throughout. The title really explains the entire film premise. It's about an escape with not much back story or explanation either before or after the event. By keeping things simple and straightforward, however, the movie succeeds in telling a concise little story. It may not be a great movie, but it is entertaining. The DVD/Blu-ray has the option of an English dubbed soundtrack, but I watched the film with subtitles. I can't, therefore, comment on the quality of the dub which is oftentimes distracting and annoying to my personal...

One of those diamonds in the rough
I usually don't bother writing reviews, but I do like to leave at least some feedback when I come across that rare budget movie that actually turns out to be fairly good. Well, this is one of those diamonds in the rough even though the plot was simple. The acting was good, and the script was well written. I was pleasantly surprised :) Sorry for the simple review, but again I don't usually care to write reviews.

Cheers!

A Hidden Gem
It's not the best cinematography ever, it is a foreign language film with English subtitles. A very good story, actors were good (especially the two young lasses).
I'm surprised to find this gem hidden back on page one hundred something. It should be up front, at least ahead of "I spit on your grave" & "Godzilla vs Megagodzilla"
Hunger Games, Hanna type movie, action, drama. Dagmar is Hawtt! In a Johnny Winter sort of way.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment