Friday, September 13, 2013

The Other Guys (Mastered in 4K) (Single-Disc Blu-ray + Ultra Violet Digital Copy)



Absolutely gut busting hilarious!
This is one of the funniest movies to come out in a very long time. Here's why:

1. The movie was filled with belly laughing funny bits that were surprising and not the typical cliche kind of stuff. I haven't laughed this hard in ages.

2. There was also a lot of subtle humor, also making this movie very entertaining.

3. Will Ferrell was absolutely hilarious. That's to be expected. What was so surprising was Mark Wahlberg. He was different from his normal hard as nails tough guy roles, and he played off of Ferrell just perfectly. He was so hilarious.

4. Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne Johnson were perfect in their roles. They weren't on for long, but they were part of some very funny bits. Michael Keaton also contributed some fun to the movie. Eva Mendes was perfectly cast. All in all, a superb cast that made for an uproariously funny comedy.

While there were periods that moved a bit slowly, that shouldn't stop anyone from seeing this...

TLC has never been this funny!
I have not laughed this hard since "The Hangover". This has to be the best comedy I have seen this summer, hands down. I only wish I could think of a TLC lyric to bring it all home. Does anyone remember "Waterfalls"? From the wooden gun to the non-stop one liners, I was rolling in the floor. Will Ferrell has not been this good since "Old School" and Mark Wahlberg was ever bit his comedic equal in this fantastic film. From Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne Johnson all the way to Michael Keaton, everyone was amazing. Whoever did the casting for this movie took a second seat to only one person, the writers. The script was drop dead hilarious.

Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg play two down and out cops? Mr. Ferrell seems to be stuck in his rut by his own choice and since I don't want to give anything away, let's just say that Mark Wahlberg made a colossal mistake to have found his way down to the lower levels of hell. Luckily the two of them are partners. Samuel L. Jackson...

Very Funny.
Watched this recently and now looking to buy it. I read the reviews that gave this movie negative feedback but honestly, I couldn't read them as most of them had incoherent, unfinished sentences. Some apparently don't believe in using proper spelling, grammar or logic. I then came to the conclusion that they all had something in common: They fall into the "I'm easily amused and require dumbed down fast pace comedy to make me happy...ooh a squirrel...is that Miley Cyrus doing a duet with Justin Bieber on the radio?" category. I know, I know I guess maybe using an acronym would be better but then who would get it?

Anyways, it's at least a rental for those curious and sorry for my rant. I just thought the movie was funny. C'mon guys! "I'm a peacock, ya' gotta let me fly!!!"

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment